With 3 busy locations inAnthem, Las Vegas and Henderson we have an immediate oppening for a Bench Jeweler to join our team.
The Jeweler will service and repair clients jewelry while providing excellent quality and customer service. Perform all repairs to bring damaged jewelry up to the standards required and ensure that all parts required to repair jewelry are the appropriate materials.Fabricate directly in gold or silver. Document the labor and other charges related to completing the repair. Perform a quality inspection on all completed repairs to ensure the highest customer service standards are met. Be willing to aid to the training of others and maintain all bench tools and equipment. Maintain a clean and safe bench area for repairs to be completed. Ensure all precious metals, stones and findings are controlled to reduce expenses and increase profit. Remove all scrap gold and other metals from benches nightly for recovery.
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum of 7 (seven) years experience as a Bench Jeweler.
- Demonstrated proficiency and skill in the areas of sizing, chain repair, prong repairs and all types of tone setting, and polishing or other finishing techniques.
- Certification of level of profficency from JA a plus, or be able to be certified by JA level 3 or higher
- Must be clean and detail oriented.
- CAD design a plus.
- Must be able to carve wax and know all stages of casting
- Must be able to complete 10 to15 repairs on average per day dependent upon level of difficulty.
- Must be able to read and understand instructions to complete repairs.
- Must be able to operate POS.
- Must be able to order parts and stones and keep accurate inventory.
- Must be able to Work directly with customers as needed on repairs, redesign pieces or make new pieces.
- Must be able to work with laser welder.
- Must be able to engrave inside rings and have ability to learn computerized engraving. .
- Must be willing to share knowledge and experience with coworkers.
- Must be organized and able to communicate with others.
- Must be clean and presentable
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be trustworthy and dependable.
- JA or other Jewelers certification a plus
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year